CULT: Cutting Back Leaves

From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>

Before I got on this list and learned the right way to do things I didn't
cut the leaves back when replanting my Iris.

When I dig a clump, Of mine, I remove all dead or damaged leaves. I have
the spot ready for where they are to be planted ready.  Then I break the
clump up. The ones I am saving for my self get planted in the new spot. No
dipping, root trimming. or trimming leaves. Just plant quickly and water
in. Then water every other day as needed.

This year I did it this way under extremely hot conditions Temps over 100
degrees no rain. I have some brown tipped leaves and lost a few leaves.

Best success with medians and smaller Iris. Smaller TB rhizomes did better.
Better means no loss of leaves or brown tips.

If any are going to leave my garden they get trimmed and dipped.

It works for me

Mike Greenfield
SW Ohio