Re: TB CULT in Florida

At 12:03 PM 8/3/99 -0400, you wrote:
>From: mlwayne@zoo.ufl.edu (Marta Wayne)
I know that they
>do not do well down here, but I was wondering what I could do to help them
>along. My most immediate problem is what to do right now, given that their
>permanent home is not ready yet because our house is still under
>construction-- pot them, or put them in the ground realizing they may have
>to move again next year, or what.

Dear Marta -
Hope you have been following the thread on potting new stock. I'm a believer. Then when you are ready to plant, and hopefully it is a bit cooler, you can put them wherever you want.
Mark Cook will probably weigh in on this, but one thing you might consider is putting them under shade cloth, especially after bloom season when the heat really comes on.
My guess is that eventually you will be sending them north to some other relative.

James Brooks
Jonesborough, TN
Persimmon Katz
{ o o }