Cult: Roots

From: Gardenhous@aol.com

Hi all in dividing and new bed lands

I have found that the old roots die and do not put forth new growth. So I now
clip them to about an inch which gives them a little new hold.  Some I
shave.  But I see new growth of the fans with in a week.  Many of the mother
rz which has bloomed this spring have been eaten by borer.  I have broken off
the new rzs and planted those and then treated the mother and planted her
without roots and within 2 weeks have nes rz green fans showing on her sides.
 So  iris just won't say die.  My biggest iris death occurs from rot,  I
soaked some too long before planting.  Once the rot appears unless scooped,
comet treatment and replanted they continue to rot and die.

Doreen McCabe
Westford, MA

Start a new ONElist list & you can WIN great prizes!
For details on ONElistís NEW FRIENDS & FAMILY program, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html