CULT: growing seeds

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 8/4/1999 7:48:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Onegun2@aol.com

<<   Thanks Kathy, I just found a big fat pod on one of my Iris's, It was
 standing behind a bush and I didn't notice it before. Who knows what name
 plant is. When I was buying Iris over the years I never knew people were so
 serious about them. >>

I'm glad you found that to be of some use.  And I have only one other thing
to say on the subject of growing irises from seed....... and that is, unless
your goal is to get rich quick and retire to a houseboat in Sausalito (like
all the other rich iris hybridizers...not),  growing irises from seed is an
end to itself.  I hope that everyone tries this at least once - for the
experience of creation ... pollinating, the thrill of seeing a pod form,
planting the seed - and finally... seeing an iris bloom that NO-ONE else in
the universe has ever seen before!

True, your 'bably' may not be the last word in irises, but there's something
to be said for having something that no-one else has, regardless of it's
value to irisdom, science or posterity.

Kathy Guest in E. Aurora, NY
where it's going to be a splendid day

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
       NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR.
Apply online today!                http://www.onelist.com/ad/nextcard1