Re: TB: Puccini (OT: Humor as well)

From: Sandy Ives <rives@home.com>

Maureen said
>>Just got the order in from Bayview Gardens and Sandy is now throwing up his
arms in despair -- <<

Sandy is not throwing his arms up in despair.  He is shrugging his shoulders

Sandy has planted everything received.  Sandy has space for maybe two TBs and
four SDBs.  Sandy has problems digging 1997 introductions to make way for 1999

Maureen has the Perry Dyer order coming still.  It is the single largest order
made this year.  The Sutton order (99's only) is coming with the Dyer order.
The Spoon order is in the mail...

Maureen said
>>We can't even bring ourselves to share the extras around because we want

Sandy is perfectly willing to share around the extras which are not 1999
introductions.  Unfortunately, everyone has sent unordered 1999 introductions as
extras because Maureen tells them of the space limitations.  Sandy wants to take
any remaining extras down to the CIS auctions (August 14th at the Royal
Botanical Gardens in Burlington Ontario and also at the Civic Garden Centre,
Edwards Gardens, Toronto - see http://tor-pw1.netcom.ca/~cris/CIS/news.html).

And the Honda Civic wants its driveway back.

Maureen said
>>Sandy has declared that we will buy no more irises next year.  Anyone want to
give odds on this?

Sandy has not declared that no more iris will be purchased next year.  Sandy
knows better.  Sandy would like next year's purchases to be restricted to
medians for a community median display bed (OFF-SITE!).

Sandy has suggested that if a new property is to be purchased, some significant
saving is still required.  Brad Kasperek will accept children in lieu of payment
so long as they can weed.  Two birds with one stone, so to speak (Millennium
Falcon '00).  Maureen will have to consider his offer.    ;-)

Sandy Ives in Ottawa Canada (z4ish, and still awaiting the bulletin)

Congratulations COUNTRYSIDE-ELIST. Our latest ONElist of the week.
For full story and to submit yours,