CULT: weather, bloom, and signs of an early frost?

From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>

Our warm spell finally broke last evening with a bang. A large wave of
thunderstorms swept through the area with the worst of them breaking to
both sides of us.

Temperature just before noon today is a comfortable 78. Quite a change from
the low to high 90s we've had for so long. We saw only 1/4" of rain came in
on the storm last night, but the light show was outstanding!

The one and only I. ensata likely to bloom this season finally opened two
days ago. With the heat, the bloom lasted less than a day, but it was huge
and gorgeous and certainly worth the effort of hauling water each day to
that bed!

Seed pods on I. missouriensis are finally ripening and the setosas and
psuedacorus shouldn't be far behind.

Signs of Fall approaching are becoming more evident by the day. Doves are
already bunched up and ready to head south. Fall daylilies have been
blooming for over a week and the deer are becoming less cautious. All we
need now to confirm the change is a frost!

Christy Hensler
Newport, WA z4b (or whatever)

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com!
If you join ONElistís FRIENDS & FAMILY program.  For details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html