From: "Carryl M. Meyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net>

What was said about feeling like fall--that is also here--last week when
you went out in the morning--it felt like fall--this week we are having
horrendous thunder-boomers and drenching rain--nice for the newly planted
The orders for our club garden are coming in--Perry sent many year 2000
intros--so we will find out if they will survive the winters here--
Last year I put in a 'historic' bed--with several real oldies and several
from the 40's--that bed was such a hit with the public, that this year I
will dig up the 40's and move them to a 'Nostalgia' bed and add more really
old historics--but you should see the way the older ones grow--if this year
has as many new shoots as from last year, they will have to be dug next
year--no wonder many of the older ones survived with no care--in abandoned
places--they are hardy!!And as the public finds out about the historics in
the garden--I find packages on the doorstep--a few Iris with a note--where
they came from and about when--so our 'historic's orphanage' is
growing--now all I have to do is figure our their names--and they usually
do not answer--when asked!
Off to do 'the Iris thing'--Have 18 TB's to plant, have 17 spots to put
them in, and more in the mail to arrive in a few days--what a nice dilemma!
Carryl in western Montana zone 4--where I am still waiting for a
rebloom--on anything!!

ONElist:  the best place to EXPLORE topics, SHARE ideas, and
CONNECT to people with the same interests.