From: Jelcy <jelcy@eclipse.sigint.com>

I'm a New Kid on the Block to the Iris Talk, Jelcy Romberg.  I live in a
suburb of Dallas, Rowlett, and I am currently the president of the Iris
Society of Dallas.

At our home I have several hundred varieties of mostly TB but I do have
a smattering of MTB, IB BB, LA and a couple of SP just to make things
fun around here.  No I do not hybridize nor do I intend to or set up a
commercial establishment.  We have about 10 acres the next county over
from where we live where I planted about 500 varieties of TB 6 years
ago.  The Big Experiment there is to see how many are hardy enough to
tolerate Texas heat, draught and lack of fertilization.  My Thornbird
got a Best of Class year before last so it is showing itself to be very
heat hardy.

Need your help.  Our Society is donating '90 and later iris to a city
park that has an iris garden that the City of Dallas Parks and Rec.
Dept. is refurbishing.  No it won't be ready for the Destiny Dallas 2000
Tour, but we do want it to help spruce it up.  This weekend we had the
first of two sales of our member's extra rhizomes at a local nursery.
Members were asked to also bring rhizomes for the park so I could in
turn take them over to be planted in their new garden.

In separating them out tonight I have found that there are 8 varieties
for which I cannot find a listing.  I do want to present accurate
information to the Park Dept. as they will provide labels for the iris
and keep a file on them.  Perhaps one or two of you could help.  I am
sure that all of these are in the AIS books which, sadly I must admit I
don't have,,,,yet.  I have no idea which members brought which rhizomes
as they were all combined into a couple of sacks.

If it would be more efficient to e mail me directly rather than take up
space on the Iris Talk, that would be fine by me.

I would like to have the basic information on each one, Hybridizer, Yr.
of intro. is it TB, IB etc. SA, Fr, Re, height and description.  The usual.

These are the 8
1.  Autumn Pageant
2.  Chippewa Brave
3.  Dawn Sky
4.  Florentine Table
5.  Regina
6.  Romie Stewart
7.  Storm Watch
8.  Turandot

I think you in advance.

How do you enter ONElistís WEEKLY DRAWING for $100?
By joining the FRIENDS & FAMILY program.  For details, go to