Re: TB: Colorful Foliage

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

Hi Kathy,
I put that in there just for you.  :-)  We have CANADIAN STREAKER and I love
the foilage too.  We had two seedlings this year with variegated foliage.
Both came from the same cross of AUTUMN TRYST X COLORWATCH.  I didn't look
back too far but I don't think there is any Pallida in the background
either.  One of the plants bloomed with a variegated flower.  I guess if you
keep pushing the breeding new things will keep popping up now and then.
Maybe we will get a red sooner or later.

>Now is a wonderful time to check out the foliage of your irises.....  and
>think about this:  an iris flower lasts for under a month...... so for the
>other 11 months, you need something that at worst is not revolting - and at
>best is a true asset to the garden!

That's why rebloomers are so nice!
Mike - Porterville CA USDA Zone 8 Where the weather has been incredible this
summer, record lows for the daily highs and lows and rain is forecasted for
tomorrow with a high of, get this, 78.

ONElist:  your connection to like-minds and kindred spirits.