From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

On 9 Aug 99, at 19:49, Judyhunt1@aol.com wrote:

> From: Judyhunt1@aol.com

> After all, we are not in this to make money -- we are "nonprofit"
> groups.  And, in some clubs in which I have been involved (not iris),
> overblown treasuries have led to much strife within the organization.
> Power struggles are really ugly.
> My two cents worth...

  Judy, your two cents worth equals a fortune!

  It is true that serious problems can arise over club bank balances.  I am
  aware of this type situation, especially when one club tried to divest
  itself of $15,000 in excess funds.  Power struggles and polarization resulted,
  which took years to heal.  Such a touchy subject.

  I guess we have worked this subject to death.  All the suggestions for the
  use of excess iris money have merit.  I just wish more could be donated
  for recruitment of members and publicity for AIS.

  Thanks to all who contributed ideas.  Maybe we'll find out later
what the 'safe,' maximum bank balance is.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8

ONElist:  your connection to like-minds and kindred spirits.