RE: OT:How to Misname Irises

  • To: <iris-talk@onelist.com>
  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk]OT:How to Misname Irises
  • From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:43:20 -0400

From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>

Betty this situation you describe is now out of your hands and beyond your
control. Now what I do see here is that you have contributed somewhat
inadvertently to the promotion of the iris flower. These church folks that
are coming and looking/taking the plants home are thus becoming exposed to
the genus iris through this activity. Perhaps down the road some may enjoy
them so much that they will actively become involved in a local iris group
or the AIS. They will later come to a realization of what they have as they
learn about iris. And if they don't become involved in iris that is okay
too.. they will just be content to enjoy some beautiful flowers in their
garden for years to come.

PS Where is Bowling Green? I assume that is the name of a city/town
somewhere?

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario† Canada† zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI
Director-Canadian Iris Society
Newsletter Editor-Canadian Iris Society
E-mail:† cris@netcom.ca <mailto:cris@netcom.ca>
CIS website:† http://www.netcom.ca/~cris/CIS.html
Siberian-Species Convention 2003 website:†
http://www.netcom.ca/~cris/sib2003.html

How do you enter ONElistís WEEKLY DRAWING for $100?
By joining the FRIENDS & FAMILY program.  For details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html