REF: Dallas Iris Info

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: Jelcy
> I'm a New Kid on the Block to the Iris Talk, Jelcy Romberg.  I live in a
> suburb of Dallas, Rowlett, and I am currently the president of the Iris
> Society of Dallas.
> I would like to have the basic information on each one, Hybridizer, Yr.
> of intro. is it TB, IB etc. SA, Fr, Re, height and description.  The
   usual.
> These are the 8
> 1.  Autumn Pageant
> 2.  Chippewa Brave
> 3.  Dawn Sky
> 4.  Florentine Table
> 5.  Regina
> 6.  Romie Stewart
> 7.  Storm Watch
> 8.  Turandot

Hi, Jelcy!

Welcome to Iris-talk! I expect you already have many friends in this group.
Good luck with all the iris projects you have going in the Dallas area!

I can offer you some info and/or suggestions about a couple of the irises
on your list.

TURANDOT (F. Carr, ,92) TB 46" M.  S. reddish violet with yellow infusion,
reddish violet midrib; F. yellow, reddish violet halo with plicata
markings, white emanating from yellow beards, reddish violet centerline.

I have grown this cultivar for several years and it is as formidable as its
namesake! Notice the height - give it plenty of room when you plant it, and
stand back!

There is no iris named "Florentine Table" that I am aware of. Perhaps what
the donor intended when they labeled it thus was to indicate that it was a
rhizome of "I. florentina, table iris" (MTB).

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
Drawing is held each week through August 20.  For details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html