Re: OT:How to Misname Irises

From: Chris Darlington <chris.darlington@sympatico.ca>

Betty , I feel sad that you had to part,  for what ever reason , with
your beloved iris fields , especially your seedlings.  I'd consider it a
great loss to move on without without your creations , even worse , to
know that the fields were dug by hundreds of strangers who ran off with
your unnamed , unregistered irises.  I hope you kept at least a couple
of your favorite seedlings !

One the other hand , it's very easy to subscribe to what Chris had to
say as well.  You've enlightened many people or will enlighten them when
their irises finally bloom and if they were not already hooked , there's
good chances that they will be.

Finally , you mentioned that many of the seedlings were children of
Immortality and Corn Harvest , was wondering if you had crossed the two
of them together , this cross is on my list for next year .

Chris Darlington

Chris Hollinshead wrote:
> From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>
> Betty this situation you describe is now out of your hands and beyond your
> control. Now what I do see here is that you have contributed somewhat
> inadvertently to the promotion of the iris flower. These church folks that
> are coming and looking/taking the plants home are thus becoming exposed to
> the genus iris through this activity. Perhaps down the road some may enjoy
> them so much that they will actively become involved in a local iris group
> or the AIS. They will later come to a realization of what they have as they
> learn about iris. And if they don't become involved in iris that is okay
> too.. they will just be content to enjoy some beautiful flowers in their
> garden for years to come.
> PS Where is Bowling Green? I assume that is the name of a city/town
> somewhere?
> Christopher Hollinshead
> Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
> AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI
> Director-Canadian Iris Society
> Newsletter Editor-Canadian Iris Society
> E-mail:  cris@netcom.ca <mailto:cris@netcom.ca>
> CIS website:  http://www.netcom.ca/~cris/CIS.html
> Siberian-Species Convention 2003 website:
> http://www.netcom.ca/~cris/sib2003.html

Create a list for FRIENDS & FAMILY...
...and YOU can WIN $100 to Amazon.com.  For details, go to