From: RYFigge@aol.com

When I readwhat IRriisborer said about CANADIAN STREAKER having such
interesting foliage,  I decided I wanted it.  I like  things that are
different whether jewelry or plants  I mentioned this to Joan Roberts and
said I was sorry it had to cross the border, that seemed so complicated --
and she became interested and decided to see what could be in its genealogy
that would produce such . ---------   And this is what she faxed me, and I
decided to share it with you, it is a long quote:    "A charmed cross for
Chuck Chapman, CANADIAN STREAkER, is most hybridizers dream cpme true/

It is not true that CANADIAN STREAKER (Chapman '07) is not related to
pallida."  Since Joan is also intersted in variations, she traced the
parentage of CUP RACE, (the pod parent) back to pallida.  To continue with
her quote:    " Granted, it did not say pallida variegata, but chances are
good that variegeta was in there ::
CUP RACE  (Bluebird Blue x  South Pacific)
BLUEBIRD BLUE   (Helen McGregor x Cahokia)
SOUTH PACIFIC (Cahokia x Lady Ilse)
HELEN McGREGOR - (Pirissima X Cloud Castle )
CAHOKIA  -  no parentage mentioned in the '49 book
LADY ILSE - (Jane Phillips X Keene Valley)
PURISSIMA - (Argentina x Conquistador)
CLOUD CASTLE - (Sensation x Gloriole)
ARGENTINA - (Caterina X mesopotamica)
CATERINA - (cypriana X pallida) *** "

Hope someone finds this interesting - Genealogy,   is interesting and useful,
 whether for the mice in my husband's cancer research lab,  - thru iris
families  - and especially my own

ONElist:  your connection to like-minds and kindred spirits.