SDIS Iris Sale

From: "atonite atsign" <atonite@hotmail.com>

The Sonoran Desert Iris Society will be having their first annual iris sale
in Glendale, AZ on September 11 to raise funds. Members of the club are
donating their extra rhizomes to the sale. Right now we have about 200
pledged irises for the sale.  The names of about 15% of the irises are
unknown, and will have to sell for a lot less. We do not expect any irises
to be left after the sale.  Matter of fact, we are advertising the hours to
run from 8AM to 2PM, but feel we will be done by noon.

Getting ready for the sale is quite exciting. Iris culture sheets need to be
written out and copied, posters and advertisements need to go out,
coordinating with Gardeners World for the space and getting volunteers to
man the sale are all a part of what needs to be done to get to our ultimate
goal of raising funds - but, meeting iris lovers from all over and educating
new enthusiasts will be what makes the sale FUN.

Our next meeting will be on the first Tuesday in September.  We will be
turning it into a "marking party".  I will post an update after the sale to
let you all know how it went.

If any of you would like to help out by donating any extra irises you may
have, you can email me at Atonite@hotmail.com for the mailing address.

Patrick Orr
Iris Sale Chairperson

ONElist:  the best place to EXPLORE topics, SHARE ideas, and
CONNECT to people with the same interests.