Re: OT:How to Misname Irises

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 08/10/1999 9:33:24 PM Central Daylight Time,
chris.darlington@sympatico.ca writes:

<< mmortality and Corn Harvest , was wondering if you had crossed the two
 of them together , this cross is on my list for next year .

I did make that cross.  It produced a pale yellow rebloomer and one near the
color of Edith W.--a little paler in the standards.  Not of the most modern
form, both produced prolific rebloom when happy.

I could not bear to part with all the seedlings so I brought samples of
around 50 with me.  Several were kept from the 94 & 95 crosses.  (My last
years to hybridize--before this year.)  For instance, 9501-1 (and 9203-2) are
from Bridge In Time (Glistening Icicle x Immortality) X (Feedback x Titan's
Glory).  A strong rebloomer came from this.  Unfortunately, after heavy bloom
for 2 springs and 1 fall bloom season it bloomed out.  Others from this cross
are good but no rebloom.

Some favorites were left in the fields.  A bitone red from Lady Friend X Earl
of Essex was my most heartfelt loss.  Dug the wrong one.  Others were taken
from my yard in pots as they awaited the move. (I never thought about people
taking them . . . most of my stock of Radiant Summer disappeared.)

It was fun and there are several I wish I had with me BUT I made three
interesting crosses this spring so there is more FUN ahead.  Hummm?? Wonder
were I can find just a little more space?  May try raising seedlings in pots!

Betty Wilkerson in Bowling Green KY

ONElist now brings ICQ Instant Messaging to members
For details,