Re: HYB: 1st year results

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>So if you actually read through the whole list and got to the bottom
>without deleting.....

Yes I did.

>you will probably be interested to know that I harvested
>a grand total of 2,107 seeds from my bearded crosses......... Dennis

And how big is your garden Dennis?
I planted 1050 (by memory) bearded iris seeds, and now have 400+  seedlings.
They are still germinating, so there will be more. I have also planted
Christie's Ensibe's and a heap of tetraploid siberian seeds from the BIS.
I really don't know where they will all go. Move over vegetables! At least
they can go a little closer than TB's as most are SDB's and IB's.
It is easy to see myself destroying anything that doesn't come up to a high
standard. I simply don't have the room, and they will have to make way for
the following years seedlings. I have an iris 'cemetary' down the hill. Our
back paddock gets very hot and dry in summer, so anything dumped down there
will have to be pretty special to survive. No name tags, but if I find
something nice thriving under those conditions, I may very well use it
Cheers, Jan

Congrats to our GROW TO GIVE winners, ZENtertainment & ROTInews!
Check out ONElist's latest program, FRIENDS & FAMILY.  See homepage.