Re: COMP:unnamed & lost iris

From: Mike00Rita@aol.com

Jan and all

     Composting unwanted rhizomes is a good idea but perhaps not in your own
operation if you plan to use the compost within a short time if you have any
plant health problems. If your compost really does get the heat built up and
breaks down correctly that could be a real benefit to reutilize the nutrients
which came out of your past gardening sites. I rarely compost the leaves but
ground up rhizomes I do. Our community composting operation helps me take
care of the things I don't want in my personal composting

 My old aunt used to throw her unused rhizomes over the fence, but found that
her customers were waiting for the hand outs instead of purchasing. Generally
they didn't care about the names or colors. So the chipper shredder was put
to work.

Rita B

ONElist now brings ICQ Instant Messaging to members
For details,