Re: Chat:

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

James Brooks wrote:

> I've not yet seen any directions, other than some cryptic numbers, about how to access the chat room (although I haven't tried to go to the site, I must admit). I'm not sure if one can get Netscape to work in chat mode. I was once an AOLer, and I see many on Iris Talk also are, so I just assumed it was an AOL thing. Any enlightenment for the lazy is appreciated.

I don't think Netscape can be used for chatting. Many of us use mIRC,
which is a shareware program downloadable from:

http://www.mirc.co.uk

Other programs are available and also work fine.

After you get and "install" an IRC client, get the IP address for
Vengers Friday afternoon/evening from:

http://vengers.com/page.htm

Plug the address into the appropriate place (method is
application-specific), connect to the server, join the chat, and have
fun!

Gerry, a regular

ONElist:  the best place to EXPLORE topics, SHARE ideas, and
CONNECT to people with the same interests.