Re: CULT: variegated irises

From: Kenneth Walker <kenww@pacbell.net>

Dennis,

I have Iris japonica 'aphrodite' which has varigated leaves. It has never
bloomed
for me but is tough engough that it is slowly invading the lawn. I guess you
would
need a greenhouse to grow it in your climate. The nursery I bought it from
doesn't
list it this year, but there is at least one nursery on the web selling I.
japonica variegata.

Both my variegated I. foetidissima and I. tectorum died, but my I. laevegata
is
doing great. I think I will move my I. pallida variegata to a location with
some
protection from afternoon sun and one that gets watered more often. It is
now
surviving but not much more than that.

   Ken Walker

http://www.onelist.com