Re: Chat: OOPS

From: Iarejan@aol.com

In a message dated 8/15/99 8:53:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hirundo@tricon.net writes:

<< I've not yet seen any directions, other than some cryptic numbers, about
how to access the chat room (although I haven't tried to go to the site, I
must admit). I'm not sure if one can get Netscape to work in chat mode. I was
once an AOLer, and I see many on Iris Talk also are, so I just assumed it was
an AOL thing. Any enlightenment for the lazy is appreciated. >>
    Well, I had considerable difficulty connecting, mostly due to my density
of brain which again has surfaced as you see.   The chat room is actually and
IRC, Internet Relay Channel.   Now, I don't actually understand what that is,
but you need to go to Venger's Web Page and download the IRC software, as I
understand.  (I'll put the link for it at the bottom of this message).   Then
the page also explains how to link up on Friday night, youdo have to fill in
the I.P. address, which Vengers page also lists every week.   You fill the
address in after you open the IRC software.   I hop that helps some, but as I
said the Vengers Page does explain some of it... <A
HREF="http://vengers.com/page.htm">Venger's Orchids - IRC chat page</A>
             Now, you have to scroll down on that page and if you don't have
I assume you can click on the highlighted blue words"You can now connect to
our IRC with THIS Java IRC client" (The word THIS is highlighted in blue, and
you click on it, that downloads what you need).   But if you do have windows
95, below that it says "Click here to download the 32 bit version
of Mirc for Windows 95".  So to get that stuff in your computer, I think you
do have to go to Venger's page.  Good Luck, hope to see you there, if you
come this friday you can watch ME squirm.

Congratulations IM-USA,  our latest ONElist of the week.
For full story and to submit yours,