Re: AIS: Registration data

From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>

In answer to an offline question on the cultivar info I posted: while the
entry on TWILIGHT MOONRISE resembled an AIS R & I entry, it actually came
from a catalog. The AIS Registrar, Keith Keppel, would not include items
such as: 'fully flared',  'Very unique',  'Blue ribbon seedling.' and would
correct the use of case in the cross (if possible).

When the 1999 R & I comes out in Jan/Feb 2000 I will update/correct my
database. Until then I go with catalog data, at least those catalogs that
include pedigree information on new introductions. I used to just enter the
pedigrees, however in the 90s pedigrees are often the major part of a
registration, so early 90s I started entering the whole mahegilla.

Mike,  mlowe@worldiris.com   --   http://www.worldiris.com
South Central Virginia, USA; USDA Zone 7A

ONElist now brings ICQ Instant Messaging to members
For details,