Re: CULT: Patently Confused

From: Iarejan@aol.com

In a message dated 8/15/99 7:34:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vincelewonski@yahoo.com writes:

<<   If you can patent a rose, you should be able to patent
 an iris, right?  >>
    GADZOOKS!   I hope not!   Can you imagine the cost of an intro when
everyone but the hybridizer has to pay a patent fee just to sell it???  I
really don't know about recent patent law, or how it affects plants.   Heck,
I only discovered that iris rebloom about a year ago.  <g>

Janet Natale

ONElist:  your connection to like-minds and kindred spirits.