Re: HIST needed

From: PWeixl@aol.com

 Hi all you old iris growers, by that I don't mean you are old or that I am
in any way Histophobic or is that Historic irisophobic or cast any aspersions
on the elderly, weather they grow iris or not :>) nevertheless here is my
dilemma.
The Amherst Library and museum is a collection of Victorian era buildings
with authentic gardens and grounds. They have approached our local iris
society about donating iris for this project. The grounds are open to the
public and have a lot of activity at them through out the year. There plan is
to put a 3 foot wide by 15 feet long iris display bed in and the Western New
York Iris Society will pay for and supply the iris. So my question is I need
to find appropriate iris for this site by September 1. The dates of interest
are 1835-1875. Can anyone help with either a list of varieties available from
this era and does anyone have any available for either purchase or donation
towards this project? I would think we would need 3 rhizomes of each variety
and about 15-18 different iris. Please help, I am regrettably Historic Iris
illiterate. Thanks Peter Weixlmann, Region 2, WNYIS

ONElist announces "FRIENDS & FAMILY!"
For details, including our weekly drawing, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html