Re: HIST: needed

From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>

Peter writes

>I would think we would need 3 rhizomes of each variety
>and about 15-18 different iris. Dates are 1835-1875

That's pretty restrictive...if you use 1835 as a cutoff it bounces nearly a
dozen on the list below that could well have been grown on the site. Anyway
here are some I know are kicking around:

Atroviolacea (Todaro 1856)
Aurea (Jacques 1830)
Celeste (Lémon 1858-59)
Chenedolle (1872)
Cordelia (Parker 1873)
Dalmatica (Coll.-cult. bef. 1600)
Darius (Brown 1873)
Edina (Lémon 1840)
Flavescens (De Candolle 1813)
Fries Morel (Lémon 1840)
Hector (Lémon 1840)
Honorabile (Lémon 1840)
I. albicans (Lange 1860)
I. germanica (Linnaeus 1753)
I. pumila (Linnaeus 1753)
I. variegata (Linnaeus 1753)
Innocenza (Lémon 1854)
Jacquesiana (Lémon 1840)
Lavandulacea (Van Houtte 1854)
Madonna (Springer, coll. 1837)
Mme. Chereau (Lémon 1844)
Mme. Louesse (1860) Verdier
Neglecta (Hornemann 1813)
Odoratissima (Jacquin 1797)
Othello (Lémon 1848)
Pallida Dalmatica (Coll.-cult. bef. 1600)
Plumeri (1830)
Queen of May (Salter bef. 1859)
Sambucina (Linnaeus 1759)
Sans Souci (Van Houtte 1854)
Swerti (coll. fig. 1612)
Violacea Grandiflora (DeBarry abt 1856)

ATTN ONELIST USERS: stay current on the latest activities,
programs, & features at ONElist by joining our member newsletter at