HYB: REB: heredity of rebloom traits

From: "Patrick Orr" <PatrickJOrr@hotmail.com>

I haven't seen anyone reply to this question yet, so I will attempt to (even
though I am not experienced at reblooming iris).

You will find your answers in the April and July 1997 article on rebloom by
Don Spoon.

In a nutshell, as I recall it, remontancy (rebloom) is allowed when the
chemical that tells the rhizome to go dormant is either inhibited greatly or
partially.  Therefore, as long as the weather is right, the rhizome will
produce bloom.  In many areas, that is twice or thrice a year.

Now, I may not be exactly accurate so you will have to refer to the article.
Furthermore, I do not know if that article has been revised since the
publication, or if there is any further information on it since then.

Patrick Orr
AZ zone 9