From: "Jean Tremblay" <demilune@emporium.on.ca>

Hi ,

I started to dig up five large beds of white irises today and found what I
believe are borers ,. What do I do now ? I really don't like chemicals and
have not used them on this acre for the last seven years. Are there any
organic ways to treat this problem ?

I removed any wilting leaves and have cut out any roots with evidence of
infestation and they have all been burned .

Any ideas on what else to do and what about the soil ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jean Tremblay

ONElist:  home to the world's liveliest email communities.