Re: Re: OT: Weather/Drought watering

From: RYFigge@aol.com

This drought is becoming veryserious!  Even Maryland has  joined the
restricted list and my friends are all saving  shower-water-before-the
hot-comes on, dishwater,  hand-washing water, etc.  One phoned the extension
service and asked if this "recycled" water would be at all harmful with soap
in it, and the answer was that it would be o.k. for anything except
rhododendrons and azaleas, in otherwords, don't use it on acid-loving plants.
 I have a room airconditioner that would drip on my wooden porch, but my
son-in-law attached a small -diameter hose to carry the water over the edge
and now I have a bucket tocatch the water, and  it fills in a day and a half
and is very useful for small plantings - if you can lift it, which I can't,
so I dip or get help!  I heard about someone who bought huge drums and
disconnected their down-gutters (or whatever they are called) and collects
rainwater (what is that!)  and sometimes there is a brief errant shower.  I'm
not just worried about the flower world (Iunderstand some places have shut
down because no one is buying since they can't water)  but the farmers'
plight  will mean food shortage  and that added to the oversupply of malls
covering up good farmland is going to be another problem.  There will still
be another if I don't stop this and get back to my other desk, which is not
as interesting, but necessary to paying bills etc  Rosalie nr Baltimore  zone
7 where it is still hot and humid and dry (how does humid and dry go
together?)  ryfigge@aol.com

Start a new ONElist list & you can WIN great prizes!
For details on ONElistís NEW FRIENDS & FAMILY program, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html