Re: AIS: 99 Check List

From: ernie henson <erni@midwest.net>

Sorry to have misspoken....meant to say "the whole 90's book in 2000."  And
actually will be happy to get it WHENEVER it comes out!  It's  a fine
publication and I hope none of us takes the work of the Registrar and
committee for granted.  It is, as you say a monumental task.  And, Mike,
Sorry if my "senior moment" brought on an attack of apoplexy.  Hope you
have recovered sufficiently to forgive my goof. Ernie

At 06:28 PM 8/18/99 -0400, you wrote:
>From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>
>Ernie writes...
>>...Sure be glad to get the whole 90's book in January.
>Ooogh, puff, gasp, wheeze, choke...
>Remember, Keith Keppel, AIS Registrar; has to put the '1999 Registrations
>and Introductions in 1999' Booklet out in January...
>The 'IRIS CHECK LIST of Registered Cultivar Names 1990-1999' is a
>monumental task. Not to take anything away from Kathleen Kay Nelson-Keppel,
>but the 'IRIS CHECK LIST of Registered Cultivar Names 1980-1989' first
>appeared for sale in the January 1993 AIS Bulletin. Many things contributed
>to this, not the least desire for accuracy. The 1939 Check List came out
>late and it has happened, not a happy tradition, that each successive Check
>List has had a difficult birthing and delivery.
>Hopefully, (and please do all the rituals to propitiate the gods of
>publishing!), we will see a different sequence of events this time around.
>It would be a joyous thing to break the mold and see the '99 Checklist in
>early to mid 2000. The Registrar and members of the Registration committee
>will make every effort to have this happen.
>Mike, http://www.worldiris.com
>ONElist announces "FRIENDS & FAMILY!"
>For details, including our weekly drawing, go to

Create a list for FRIENDS & FAMILY...
...and YOU can WIN $100 to Amazon.com.  For details, go to