Zone & digging questions

From: Robert & Keri Cathey <rkcathey@ionet.net>

Hello, all.  Keri in Tulsa OK here.  Now I simply must confess that I
have no idea what zone I'm in.  I've been growing irises strictly for
the fun of it for 38 years now... ever since I was old enough to walk
through the beds and go to iris club meetings with my grandmother.  I'm
a faithful purchaser at the Tulsa iris club sales, but not a member and
therefore (I realize) not privy to much good information.  <sigh>  I'd
like to be able to spend much more time with my beds than what I do, but
28 varieties is all I have time to handle right now.

Now for the questions.

First question:  can someone please tell me in what zone Tulsa OK is
located?

2nd question:  what is the proper and official rule for the time frame
for digging rhizomes and rearranging beds?  In my grandmother's day, you
were supposed to do that right after the first good rain after they quit
blooming.  I DESPERATELY need to build up a few beds that I put in two
years ago, but would the winter roots already be developed at this time
in Oklahoma?  I realize that this is an extremely basic question for
such a knowledgeable group, but, hey, I've embarrassed myself before,
and will probably do it again.  <big grin>  So - what's the consensus?

Thanks for your help.  It's greatly appreciated by this ol' Okie.

Regards - Keri Cathey

Congrats to our GROW TO GIVE winners, ZENtertainment & ROTInews!
http://www.onelist.com
Check out ONElist's latest program, FRIENDS & FAMILY.  See homepage.