SPEC: Iris zaprjagajewii

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

I was flipping through my SIGNA checklist and got a chuckle out of seeing
this irises name in the index.  It motivated me to research it a bit
further so I got my Kohlein "Iris" book out.

It's a Juno (Scorpiris) from the mountains of Central Asia where winters
are cold and summers are hot & dry.  The description of the flower says:
"grayish-white blossoms with long perianth tubes, and with a yellow comb on
the falls.....the falls are claw-like, pendulous."

I was curious if anyone on the list has ever seen it or tried to grow it?

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com

ONElist members, don't miss out on the latest news at ONElist!
Join our community member news update