Re: SPEC: Iris zaprjagajewii

From: "Paul Tyerman" <tyerman@hotmail.com>

>From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
>I was flipping through my SIGNA checklist and got a chuckle out of seeing
>this irises name in the index.  It motivated me to research it a bit
>further so I got my Kohlein "Iris" book out.
>It's a Juno (Scorpiris) from the mountains of Central Asia where winters
>are cold and summers are hot & dry.  The description of the flower says:
>"grayish-white blossoms with long perianth tubes, and with a yellow comb on
>the falls.....the falls are claw-like, pendulous."
>I was curious if anyone on the list has ever seen it or tried to grow it?

Sounds more to me like someone sneezed and thats how they came up with the
name..... Ah! Ah! Ah! Zaprjagajewii!!!!

Or...... you could have been drinking and imagined the whole thing?

Certainly is a doozy of a name. Would be interested to see it though, given
that description.

Cheers.      Paul Tyerman (Canberra, Australia)

Transfer your big list to ONElist and earn $500!
For program details, go to