Re: SPEC: I. lazica

From: "Paul Tyerman" <tyerman@hotmail.com>

Further to me message below...... the 3 flowers opened today.  They are
actually slightly more lavender than the I. unguicularis, much smaller, with
tear-drop shaped falls that sort of form a sharper end.  Very delicate and

Sure no one out there has seen it?

Cheers.      Paul T. (Australia)

>Howdy All,
>     Does anyone know much about Iris Lazica?  It is a species closely
>related to the I. unguicularis mob.  I have one in my garden just coming
>into flower for the first time properly this year (a couple of years ago
>one and only flower got munched..... but it was in a small pot then anyway
>and wasn't happy.... now it is in the ground) and it looks similar to I.
>unguicularis but the flowers are shorter, lightly more intense blue, and it
>has chunkier leaves.
>     Now...... does this sound right for I. lazica?  I am just trying to
>confirm that it is, given that it really is so similar to I. unguicularis.
>     Thanks in anticipation.

How do you enter ONElistís WEEKLY DRAWING for $100?
By joining the FRIENDS & FAMILY program.  For details, go to