Re: SPEC: I. lazica

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Paul Tyerman in Oz asked:
> >     Does anyone know much about Iris Lazica?  It is a species closely
> >related to the I. unguicularis mob.

Last fall, Rick Tasco of Superstition Gardens sent me starts of I.
lazica and I. unguicularis.  Somebody on iris list had posted that they
thought lazica was supposed to be more frost tolerant than
unguicularis.  I had them both in pots, but managed to forget to bring
them in the house during one of our errant early freezes last fall and
managed to kill unguicularis, but lazica is still quite healthy and
growing well in its pot.  Thus substantiating the rumoured greater frost
tolerance of lazica.:<  It didn't bloom last winter/spring & I'm not
sure what to do to lure it into bloom.  Knowing that it blooms with the
daffodils is helpful.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
wondering if it will rain before November...

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
       NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR.
Apply online today!                http://www.onelist.com/ad/nextcard1