Re: HYB: REB: asking again - heredity of rebloom traits

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

Hi Linda,
Maybe I can help a little bit.
-----Original Message-----

>From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
>If a continuous rebloomer like IMMORTALITY is selfed, are all the
>children continuous rebloomers?

No, in fact I have done this and some of the children haven't even
rebloomed.  SEPTEMBER FROST is from RECURRING RUFFLES X BEST BET.  Both of
its parents are fall only rebloomers here with BEST BET being a weak and
sporadic rebloomer for us.  THREE SEASONS came from a cross of WALTZ ACROSS
TEXAS X ORANGE POPSICLE.  It is a continous bloomer for us.  With WALTZ
ACROSS TEXAS being a reliable fall rebloomer and ORANGE POPSICLE being a
sporadic rebloomer for us.  Some of the children from GOLDEN IMMORTAL, THREE
SEASONS, MISS PORTERVILLE, IMMORTALITY, SUMMER HOLIDAYS AND SEPTEMBER FROST
are turning out to be continous rebloomers, but not all of them, with some
not even reblooming at all.

>If a fall rebloomer like HARVEST OF MEMORIES is selfed, are all the
>children fall rebloomers?

No again.  Some are some aren't.  One of our continous rebloomers GOLDEN
IMMORTAL came out of ORANGE POPSICLE X ZURICH .  ZURICH is a reliable fall
rebloomer here but ORANGE POPSICLE hardly ever reblooms for us.  Strangely
enough ORANGE POPSICLE reblooms for many different areas around here and in
the southwest but not here and is a fall rebloomer.?
Hope I helped but probably just confused the issue.
Mike

Start a new ONElist list & you can WIN great prizes!
For details on ONElist's NEW FRIENDS & FAMILY program, go to
Clickme.onelist.com/ad/Teaser111