Re: SPEC: Belamcanda chinensis

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

I wrote:
> >>How much earlier this year Dennis? I have some 1" high Candy Lily
> >seedlings, and it is just the beginning of Spring here. Can I expect
> >these to flower in summer? I was expecting to have to wait over a >year
>for flowers.

And Bill Shear answered:
>B. chinensis, "Candy Lilies" and Pardanthopsis dichotoma will all >bloom
>the first year from seed if started early and given good >conditions.  P.
>dichotoma in abundant bloom now in my garden.  Last >evening I counted over
>50 blooms on four stalks, each over 5' tall.  >No problems with drought for
>this plant.

Thanks for this information Bill, and also thanks to Dennis. I shall plant
my seedlings into pots, and some into different spots in the garden. They
may be setback a little, but they have plenty of time to recover and grow
before the middle of summer, so I shall live in hope.
Cheers, Jan

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
       NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR.
Apply online today!                http://www.onelist.com/ad/nextcard1