Re: HYB: Pollen

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Patrick Orr wrote:
>I have read just about everything I can get my hands on about hybridizing

Hi Patrick, Have you managed to get your hands on the iris-talk archives
yet? These are a wonderful resource. Go to:

At the top of the page, you will see a prompt for searching the list. Search
for words like:
Pollenation, Pollination, Stigma, Pollen, Anther, etc. You will find much
worthwhile information. If you click on the various months archives, and
sort for subject, you will find much under the heading of HYB: but miss a
lot of stuff which had incorrect subject headings.

There was a very energetic discussion on the use of saliva on the stigma,
for aiding pollenation, about 10 months ago.

Good luck with your SE crosses, and I look forward to seeing your web page
when you get it up and running.
Cheers, Jan Clark, in Australia

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
Drawing is held each week through August 20.  For details, go to