Re: HYB: REB: asking again - heredity of rebloom traits

From: z88keys@mindspring.com (L.Zurbrigg)

>From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
>I guess I didn't ask the question very clearly - and for those of us who
>can't find our AIS bulletins or aren't members of AIS, let me try again
>& make it simpler.
>If a continuous rebloomer like IMMORTALITY is selfed, are all the
>children continuous rebloomers?
>If a fall rebloomer like HARVEST OF MEMORIES is selfed, are all the
>children fall rebloomers?
>Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
>reminder to those in the drought areas - be prepared for a lot of rot if
>it stays hot after you finally get some rain.
Dear Linda:  If you self IMMORTALITY you will get a spectrum from
everbloomers to non-rebloomers, I would think. Same for HARVEST OF
MEMORIES. The rebloom feature seems to depend on several factors. I would
not recommend selfing, now that there are so many good rebloomers to use.
From a lot of experience, I would not use West-Coast rebloomers, unless
they had shown in your own garden that they have enough hardiness for your
climate.  Lloyd Z in Durham NC where we have had a little rain at last.

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.