OT:$$$ for misnamed plants

From: StorYlade@aol.com

Hi Talkers,

Much has been said about misnamed plants on this list.  Perhaps too much?
Anyway----to re-cap--I bought four roses at Wal-Mart this spring. Only one
was true to it's name. When the last of three misnamed roses bloomed, I went
looking for a place to vent a little steam.  The package said Wal-Mart &
Better Homes & Gardens, but the address to write in the event of problems was
the rose grower, printed in much smaller letters on the back, Star Roses of
Texas.

I wrote them a relatively short letter, listing my complaints:  Peace, a pink
tea rose, bloomed a rose colored floribunda, Tropicana proved to be a
beautiful red tea rose, and the third rose, an old climber named Joseph's
Coat died.  After I mailed my letter, I relaxed and forgot about the misnamed
roses.  Unless, of course, I walked past them or watered them!  You get the
picture.

Imagine my surprise when I opened a letter today containing a check for
$5. 98, a rebate from Star Roses!

Betty from Bowling Green, KY.

ONElist members, don't miss out on the latest news at ONElist!
Join our community member news update