Re: HIST: Flags

From: "Cliff & Rita Snyder" <snyder@eden.com>

I find it very difficult to believe that corners were marked with iris. It
is a nice story, but the realities of land ownership then or now would be
incompatible with such an impermanent marker. They could die, be burned in
range fires, won't live in swampy areas, no topsoil at the corner, drift
away from the center of the original planting, etc. etc.