Re: CULT: worms

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Michael D. Greenfield wrote:
> From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>
> I found a caterpillar eating a leaf on one of my iris.
> It was smooth, medium green with narrow white stripe down its back.
> About 1 1/4" long. Not a borer. It was the only one I have seen.
> It had eaten about a square inch of leaf before removed him, not too
> gently. Not enough left for picture.

Perhaps a tomato hornworm?

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Congratulations to Susan Davis!
Stay tuned for exciting new contests, sweepstakes & more at ONElist!