Re: CULT: worms & grasshoppers & leaf spot

From: Chris Darlington <chris.darlington@sympatico.ca>

I haven't seen catapillars gobbling up fans but I do have a problem with
grasshoppers.  One of the several species we have here this year ate a
huge chunk of my Innocent Star .  It's weird , I don't remember seeing a
single grasshopper last year , now it's close to an infestation.

Another note from my garden:  This year we've been hit badly with leaf
spot , everything except Babbling Brook , imagine that!  I'm really
beginning to think that this cultivar was ahead of it's time.  I'm
waiting anxiously to see how it compares to the fourty odd new cultivars
that I added to my yard this year.  My own observations will be
eventually uploaded to a WEB Site once  the baby stops waking up at all
hours of the night.  Daddy just can't keep his eyes open these days !!!

Up North in Montreal where it's gettin cold at night now 10C and less.
The new rhizomes  are happy though.

Michael D. Greenfield wrote:
> From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>
> I found a caterpillar eating a leaf on one of my iris.
> It was smooth, medium green with narrow white stripe down its back.
> About 1 1/4" long. Not a borer. It was the only one I have seen.
> It had eaten about a square inch of leaf before removed him, not too
> gently. Not enough left for picture.
> Mike Greenfield
> redear@infinet.com
> SW Ohio
> ATTENTION ONElist MEMBERS:  Get your ONElist news!
> Join our MEMBER NEWSLETTER here:

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.