Re: CULT: another unanswered question - award winners?

From: "Bill Stone" <wstone@volcano.net>

    I for sure don't know about California being Iris Heaven, in the last
two years we have had strange conditions here at 3500' elev. Last year it
was exceptioally wet and bloom was 6-8 weeks late. This year we had a very
late freeze that went down to 23 degrees. In both years we had a outstanding
bloom from a iris that was introduced in 97 by Woodland Iris in Modesto
California but this iris was hybridized in Nebraska. It is suppose to be a
Border but it grows here 36" Tall. I am speaking of Leanna ( Meininger 97).
The bloom come out early and held up through severe weather. I diffinitly
give it a plus rating            Bill
Stone's Iris Garden
23801 Shake Ridge Rd.
Volcano, CA 95689
                                   3500 ft. elev. 55 miles SE of Sacramento,
                                                    Sunset Zone 7