Re:HYB: REB: asking again - heredity of rebloom traits

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Thanks Mike Sutton and Lloyd Zurbrigg for answering my question about
inheritance of rebloom.

Rats.  So you/we haven't reached the point with this where you can
predict what the offspring will be re: rebloom.

I wouldn't actually self either IMMORTALITY or HARVEST OF MEMORIES, but
used those as examples so I could understand the predicted results.

I have about 20 extraordinarily vigorous seedlings from IMMORTALITY X
CELEBRATION SONG.  As far as I can tell, CELEBRATION SONG has no rebloom
ancestors.  Are any of these children possibly going to rebloom, either
fall or continuous?

If (by some miracle) two of them turn out to be keepers, what is the
likelihood that a cross of the two children would result in either a
continuous bloomer (like IMMORTALITY) or a fall re-bloomer?  With little
sprinklings from the garden hose, they have kept growing all summer, if
that means anything.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA

ATTENTION ONElist MEMBERS! Are you getting your ONElist news?
If not, join our MEMBER NEWSLETTER here: