Re: LET'S BOOGIE

From: IRISROT@aol.com

In a message dated 8/25/99 6:15:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time, hensler@povn.com
writes:

> One of my favorites of the new crop of Schreiner TB's, LET'S
>  BOOGIE, was listed on the Awards Ballot as a BB. <<<<
>
>  Walter,
>
>  LB is outrageous and does well here. It blooms at BB height. So much so,
>  that I was tempted to slap ORANGE TIGER pollen on it. (26 very nice plump
>  seeds out of 2 pods, BTW.)
>
>  What's in this one's background anyway?

Hi,

LB blooms at 36" in height for me here in Missouri and must say is one
gorgeous iris!!  Personally I love it more than SE which was introduced this
year and got all the fanfare. Another Schreiner introductions I love is
Brazilian Holiday.

One thing I very seldom do to a first year bloom in my garden is check the
coloration other than to make sure it's the correct iris. I never get upset
if the bloom is dull because I know the bloom is not from my garden. I have
had some blooms that really looked dull but the following year the bloom was
absolutely gorgeous. This is something you beginners my want to make a note
of because you are seeing the last bloom from the garden you bought or
received the iris from.
Does anyone else spinkle lime on their iris twice a year? I have gotten into
the habit of doing so which seems to enhance the color. Someone mentioned I
needed to watch my ph but our soil here in Missouri is natually acid so I
don't think 3 - 4 years will change the ph all that much. I have to admit I
do a lot of things that others think is weird but it's always worked for me
so why should I change. My motto has always been if it works keep doing what
your doing.

                        Jim Loveland, Fenton, MO Zone 5

ATTENTION ONElist MEMBERS:  Get your ONElist news!
Join our MEMBER NEWSLETTER here: