Re: OT:CHAT Looking for Keislings

From: ernie henson <erni@midwest.net>

Oh, Judy.......so glad to hear from you.  Yes, I did get both of your
messages...we were gone a few days to a family reunion and they were
waiting for us today when we got home.  I had your email address in the
address book as (Keislings,(with an S)..so no wonder I wasn't getting
messages out.  Don't know how that happened because I thought I had used
that address before.  Tell me....how is Ray?  We had planned to come back
through Kansas and see you guys on the way home from convention but we were
just exhausted and didn't know what kind of damage we'd find in Kansas.On
our way to convention  we were pulled off the turnpike just before Tulsa
and told to take shelter because the "mother of all tornadoes" had just hit
OKC and was headed our way.  We weathered out the storms in the basement
laundry room of a motel with tornadoes touching down all around us.  Lost
power briefly a few times but fortunately our area wasn't hit.  Next day as
we drove on to OKC, we could see how close it came to us.  Did you guys
have any damage?    Jim Loveland told me he thought you had taken Ray to
Mayo Clinic recently but he hadn't heard anything lately.  We've had so
much company this summer.......Ernie's mother has lived with us over 10
years and she is turning 93 this month....so the rest of the family
consider us "vacation central" She's in fair health....probably better than
Ernie!  I guess when you get that old, you are entitled to be a little
spoiled and demanding.  She likes a lot of attention and often writes to
her family and invites them to come.  I had to put my foot down since
Ernie's heart attack so I'm not the most popular person in this clan.
These are the the kind of relatives you have to wait on and many are on
special diets, etc.  We suggested that they come and take care of her while
we were at convention.....none could or would.  So we put her in a nursing
home temporarily...sure surprised everyone!     How are your irises?  Ours
are pretty weedy right now but we've had no rot from the unusual amount of
rain.  We have had some help to make new beds which were badly needed since
nothing was lifted and divided last year.  Things are pretty crowded and
have to be moved this fall.  It has been so blessed HOT here, we just kinda
vegetated til things could cool off.  Ernie and Chuck are solarizing the
new beds which should help with our weeding problems next year.  We didn't
order as many this year as usual but did buy quite a few at our 3 club
sales.  Feel kind of obligated to because that's our major funding.  We did
order from Suttons because theirs that we got last year did really well for
us.  Only new ones that had enough increases to lift and divide this year
and they all bloomed this spring.  By comparison, Schreiners iris had only
3 that bloomed of the ones that didn't die.  Also,  we ordered from the
TBIS sale.  Did you guys get anything on that?  I tried to avoid Ghio's,
Schreiners and a few others that won't thrive for us.  The ones we got were
all healthy and nice looking rzs.  Everything is in pots under the shade
tree waiting for planting weather.  Well I had better get back to work.
Hope I can finally get this sent.  Our phone lines are acting up
again......too much noise and we can't get on line much of the time.  Hope
you guys are doing okay.  We've been thinking about you.  Let us hear from
you.      Ann

At 01:35 PM 8/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>From: Ray & Judy Keisling <keisling@swbell.net>
>
>ernie henson wrote:
>>
>> From: ernie henson <erni@midwest.net>
>>
>> Judy, please email us.  I keep getting back the messages I send indicating
>> 'fatal flaws'      (Sorry, list, but I can't seem to reach them any other
>> way.)
>Did you get our email yesterday?  I'm curious, 'cause I thought we'd
>have had an email from you by now.  Hope you're not still having
>problems getting through to us.  Our phone number is 816-792-1848 -- I
>know that works -- after 9 p.m. or between 6 and 7 a.m.
>
>Judy
>--
>http://home.swbell.net/keisling

>How do you enter ONElist's WEEKLY DRAWING for $100?
>By joining the FRIENDS & FAMILY program.  For details, go to

ATTN ONELIST USERS: stay current on the latest activities,
programs, & features at ONElist by joining our member newsletter at