SIB: Iris typhifolia seeds available

  • To: "Iris-Talk" <iris-talk@onelist.com>
  • Subject: SIB: Iris typhifolia seeds available
  • From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:22:42 -0400

From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>

As some people have been inquiring about seeds I have collected some seeds
from Iris typhifolia and can mail them to those that are interested. This
one might be fun to try if you do not already have it.

iris typhifolia - very very early blooming, approx 24 inches (60 cm) height,
collected in China in the 1980s by Waddick and Zhao. Foliage siberian-like
in nature but slightly thinner with rather unique spirally twisted leaves.
Foliage does collapse in late summer. Bloom is species-like delicate,
violet-blue with white signal area. (I have a picture of the bloom which I
can send via e-mail to those interested).

Please reply PRIVATELY to me by e-mail (to cris@netcom.ca) with your full
postal mailing address and I will get them off to you so you can have fun
with them. They will be $2.00 per packet and you can simply mail that to me
after receipt if you wish. There is a limited quantity available so e-mail
me to reserve them.

Seed starting info for irises is available on the CIS website at the
following URL link:

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI
Director-Canadian Iris Society
Newsletter Editor-Canadian Iris Society
E-mail:  cris@netcom.ca
CIS website:  http://www.netcom.ca/~cris/CIS.html
Siberian-Species Convention 2003 website:

ONElist now has T-SHIRTS!
For details and to order, go to: