Re: CULT: Aussie bloom report

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>You have no idea how much I'm seething with envy when I keep hearing >bloom
>  reports from you just months after mine have bloomed!  It's no >fair!!!
><g!>  For some reason I expect to hear bloom reports from you >when my
>garden is buried in 10 feet of snow in December.  Not when >it's the middle
>of August!
>Dennis Kramb

Just imagine how we feel here, when so many people are making such lavish
bloom reports, and it's the middle of (albeit mild and sunny) winter. :-)
But, seriously, it is amazingly early this year, for TB's. I have buds
forming in the base of fans on YES, which is a VVE TB, and CATALYST also has
a swollen fan base. The Dwarf bearded's are about the same as last year. My
first bloom on MAKING EYES last year, was Sept 8th, and the buds aren't very
big yet, so it should be about the same time.
I. schachtii bloomed a week ago, but was frost damaged, and then pelted with
heavy rains. There is one bud left to open, so I shall try and get a photo
of this one. It's a tiny little plant, but does look like the photo in
Cheers, Jan Clark

ATTN ONELIST USERS: stay current on the latest activities,
programs, & features at ONElist by joining our member newsletter at