Re: SPEC: summer blooming winter iris?

From: Dean Sliger <deanslgr@kode.net>

Kenneth Walker wrote:

> I. unguicularis is a beardless iris from the western mediteranean. It is adapted to hot
> dry summers and cool wet winters. It has narrow leaves, usually a foot or two long
> and can eventually form large dense clumps. The flowers are usually somewhat down
> in the folliage, particularly in large clumps. They typically come in various shades of
> lavender and purple with a yellow signal line on the falls, but there are reportedly white forms.

Does anyone know the winter-hardiness Zone for this species?  None of my reference books mention a hardiness Zone.

Dean Sliger
Warren, MI, USA
Zone 6B

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
       NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR.
Apply online today!                http://www.onelist.com/ad/nextcard1