Re: SPEC: summer blooming winter iris?

From: Dean Sliger <deanslgr@kode.net>

Paul Tyerman wrote:

>  Now I know that we got down to -15'C at least one year and it didn't harm
> them.

Which, the irises or the peacocks?  (tee hee!)

The problem we have here in the lower Zones -- which is also one of the flaws
with the whole Zone system -- isn't so much the lower temperatures but that the
lower temperatures remain for so long.  It'll get down to -15'C and then STAY
there for two or three weeks.  Alas, those plants which can survive the
occasional temperature drop cannot always endure the entire cold spell.

Thanks for the info!

Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.